Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Life at Gallaudet university?

I am a 19 year old girl, and I have been studying ASL for 4 years, part on my own, and part in school. I have gotten to collage level ASL2, and I am easily the top of my class. I took the ASL 4 final, just for fun, and I got an 84 %. This summer I am going to Gallaudet university to complete my ASL 3 and 4 classes. I am staying on the dorms, and besides that, I have no idea what to expect. I have a through understanding of deaf culture. I know a dew Deaf people, (mainly teachers), But are there any things I need to know? what is my daily life like? what are the dorms like? where do they put summer ASL students? will the people be friendly? are teachers Deaf? or hearing? will my dorm roommates be Deaf? or other ASL students like me? is it rude to talk on the phone while on Campus? when walking around campus hen I am dropped off by my hearing family members, should I try to sign and talk at the same time to them, out of respect for the other students? or should I just speak normally? how difficult are the classes? is there much homework? is their ASL 3 class at the same level as my community college ASL 3 class? anything else I should know? DETAILS PLEASE!! i WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment